What do you think of Twitter?

I thought I'd keep up with the social networking world, and recently joined Twitter. I'm slowly learning how to "Tweet," and all of the lingo that goes with it, such at RT's and Follow Fridays. I must say, it's a bit confusing at first, and there are so many tweets to read through. In fact, it's a bit annoying when there are so many tweets from one person that it takes over your Twitter page, and possibly, some posts you want to read, fall through the cracks. And then you can't "unfollow" a person without offending the person! What to do?

I'm wondering if any of you are on Twitter? If so, what do you think about it? Have you gained any useful info, or is it just too much information?

The jury's still out, but I think I prefer blogging and Facebook to Twitter. There are so many social networking sites that it's a bit overwhelming.