A Must Have: The Diana Camera

Victoria at sfgirlbybay recently posted about her love of photography and one of her latest acquisitions, the retro-inspired, Diana Camera. This is the first I've heard of this camera line--I'm obsessed and think I may have to buy one!

Dating back to the early 1960s, the all-plastic Diana camera is a cult legend - famous for its "perfectly imperfect" dreamy, gorgeous, color-drenched, sometimes-blurry, and often mind-blowing images. It went out of production in the 1970's, has been reproduced, and is now available at Urban Outfitters and here.



The Diana has a panorama feature that allows for unlimited and nearly seamless panoramic shots. It's a point-and-shoot camera that uses film. Yes, that old thing called film.


Remove the lens, set the aperture to a super-small pinhole and shoot a super-wide-angle, severely old-school image through a tiny hole.


The "Diana" is basically a .35mm. "toy" camera. Great vintage designs. Reasonable prices. I'll follow up with Victoria to see how she likes hers. Or, I may be off to buy one myself...


And...they have this adorable camera case available. Love this!