Mom & Pops

Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season. Please support your local shops and boutiques. During these tough economic times, they need our support. And, if you're like me, I much prefer the experience of shopping charming, unique shops, as opposed to large chains.

Mouche Packets from bellocchio

Today I'm off to one of my favorite little shops, Bell'occhio, here in San Francisco. It's a charming shop, full of curiosities. The owner Claudia has a keen eye. Each purchase is beautifully gift-wrapped and I never walk out empty-handed. After that, I'll mosey over to North Beach and visit some of my favorite boutiques. Tomorrow I'll head over to the San Francisco Antique & Design Mall to look for some one-of-a-kind items. It's much more fun than fighting crowds of shoppers downtown, and a way to find something unique for that special person.

Chocolate bars from bellocchio

Paris Map boxes from bellocchio